...The Newbie again...

...Mike, Lu, Please forgive me for my boldness and ignorance. I don't at all
understand. Some very knowledgeable and learned (and I assume respected)
people are in the midst of a series of serious discussions openly,
appropriately and politely (most of the time) questioning the accuracy,
expertise, research procedures, documentation,... the very knowledge base...
of DR. Zoennenveld. I now see a post that is recommending his "booklet" being
used as a document of authority for a database to which I will be using.
 Excuse me please, help me to understand? I and I believe others (not so
sure now) have been following as closely as possible every word written in
these highly informative and beautifully detailed discussions. Discussions
that are (for me) nurturing a hunger that I have had for well over half of my
life.
 For these discussions to even take place is the highest possible compliment
this learned Community/Forum could possibly receive. Is that true Bob? I
understand that in the past this type of debate has distorted forums (so I am
told).
...........................I openly compliment this Community for its mature,
sophisticated, respect for the Human Spirit's Quest for Knowledge and
Truth...........................
 This "Battle of the Titans" has been going on for the 2 or so months that I
have been a member of this forum. Do we as a community love truth as much as
we love Hosta? Is that a trite childish question or does it ring true? Does
this community respect truth and accuracy or does it play to power and
influence? Please tell me as I am the "Newbie" and need to know the ground
rules.
 I poured my heart out in a posting ...Human Rights...(and wrongs) to which
I received 1 RE and 2 private e-mails. The 2 private ones cautioned me, in a
very nice way and the open posting appeared very supportive. Narda A. I don't
know you at all but I know you well. I hope I don't embarrass you by bringing
attention to you. Narda I compliment you on your values and courage. You are
an honorable Lady that I would like to develop a friendship with.
  My name is Jim Towle and I know very little about Hosta regardless of how
much I love them or for how long. From what I understand there are many long
term and close friendships on this forum. I sincerely would like to be a part
of this family as I have searched for a long time and this is the best I have
found. I choose to take your measure as a community as I invite you to take
mine. There as a very serious issue on the table that will not be ignored.
Why you may ask, because it is the "very measure" of this wonderful community.

                                                                Jim Towle

     PS If I choose to pretend that there is no Elephant standing in the
middle of the living room eventually it will s- - - all over me.