bitchin'

I knew I could count on you, Bob...  Can't help the bitchin'... it's the
old underdog syndrome... You have a tendency to add your little jab, I
on the other hand can't resist taking the side of whoever's getting
beaten up.  So very sorry.  Just my natural maternal instincts I guess
(or perhaps pms?).  Nah... too old for that.

Yes, I have many and varied gardening interests, hostas being but one.
I gave up my colletion of cacti and succulents, due a severe lack of
sunlight in my present situation - got passionately interested in
gesneriads for several years - right now it's hostas and a rather large
perennial collection, way too large for the space available but alas I
can't resist the new and the beautiful and the rare.

I have a postage stamp lot - rear garden is about 45'x25' deep with 3
tiers of rock walls forming the back, and a huge overgrown maple whose
root system I constantly wage war against.   The front has gradually
succumbed to my need for space, ergo the grass is pretty much gone apart
from a tiny patch for the dog to rest his weary head :-)  (You really
MUST get a dog.)

Heaven knows what I'll do when the hostas attain their mature sizes -
probably move.  I still have to find space for the ones that have been
wintering in my veggie bins in the bottom of the fridge (if they
survived that treatment).  Oh, yeah, and the 35-40 pots sitting in the
garage too, :-)  I'll probably have to add a few dozen to my garage sale
in the spring.

Anyway, I am very interested in trying my head at tc.  I'll probably
lose the lot to bacterial/fungal infections, but I'd sure like to try.
(Which is why some are still in the fridge).  Just have to find a
chemical source in Canada.  Have you ever tried culturing them?

Since everyone seems to be interested in weather... yes we are expecting
more snow this weekend. :-(

Helen