Re: Synergism

> Lu, what are "rossising" and "BAPing"?
> Thanks,
> Diann

Rossisizing is when you take a hosta out of the ground and use a knife to
cut down from the stem through the roots at 3-4 places like at 12, 3, 6 and
9 o'clock. You cut down through the roots, but leave the top intact. It's
hard to explain, but you can search the hosta library and there's a picture
of how to do it. What it does is cause the plant to send up additional
shoots from the dormant buds. It really does work. I've done it a few times.

Bap 10 is a product that you spray on plants that causes the plant to grow,
again spurring the dormant buds to grow. After they've grown, you separate
them from the mother and you have additional plants. I call that BAPping a
plant. There's been allot of talk about this product, and I'm going to try
it this year and see if I can get some of my plants to give me additional
ones. Quite a few of the folks on the robin us it. We'll see.

There's lots of people on here that can explain this much better than I. I'm
still "green"

Hope that helps.

Lu (Atlanta, Zone 7B)