Re: Pill bugs/sow bugs

In a message dated 03/25/2001 8:45:36 PM Central Standard Time,
NardaA@aol.com writes:

I thought that bug
was a slang term used to describe any little creepy crawly thing but I will
part ways with you when you say that that all bugs are insects

Hmm- I do not know what to make of the last part of that sentence- I can't
believe I have made an enemy over a bug?

The term Bug is the correct common name for a group of insects encompassing
the Order Hemiptera-unless they have changed the names.

I suppose like any proper term there are "slang" uses that obscure the more
specific meaning.

Language being the way it is.