Re: hyacinthina and Ben's Booklet

Mr Hawes,
Thank you for your message. I totally accept that I am only one vote
and I support democratic principles.

First, I apologise unreservedly to "Mr Lanier" for wrongly including
him in my message.  As you rightly said, it was someone else and there
is nothing to be gained by mentioning that person now.

Secondly, I stand by my criticism of the discussion and will try and
explain why...

There were at least two levels in this important open discussion.
Those who knew what they were talking about 'The Teachers', like your
goodself, and those who were at various stages of learning ,'The
Students', which includes me and probably many others on this robin.
[Hostapix and Phoenix are no longer coming through to me, so I cannot
speak for them]. My 'Student ' level of knowledge doesn't allow me to
contribute effectively to such a high level discussion, BUT I had
hoped
to learn much and store the detailed information which I could then,
later, study.
However the 'Teachers' were throwing so much 'mud' at each other that
we ended up with a 'blackboard' that was illegible and a 'NOISE LEVEL'
that was unpleasant. I believe, sincerely, that those arguments should
take place outside the 'classroom'.
I am not qualified to comment on the allegation of plagiarism, but I
do respect your, understandingly, strong feelings on that matter. It
can never be condoned.
However, I do think that if more enquiring questions rather than 'mud'
had been thrown, then the discussion might have proved more
successful.
For my selfishness to learn more and my frustration at watching the
discussion collapse, I do apologise. A better mannered discussion
might have contributed more to everyone's HOSTA knowledge and I
sincerely believe that 'The Teachers' have a responsibility to behave
better.
I really do look forward to reading the summary.
Yours Respectfully
Charlie
UK