Re: Last Response?

It appears from your post of this morning that you do not wish to continue
our technical discussion  about origins of sports....rather you have chosen
to discuss your Booklet and data contained in it. I am willing to discuss
this subject with you as well..

You mentioned in your post of this morning......." I have based my booklet
on all data freely available in the literature as noted on page 6. Just as
everyone does to make lists of Hosta."

This is a falsehood and you know it.  To prove my point, I will quote you
from email correspondence from you of February 13, 1998. Your post made it
appear that we had been in constant and continuing correspondence, which was
not the case at all.. I had discontinued correspondence because you had
begun plagiarizing as early as June 1997, prior to publishing your Booklet
in April 1998. This is what you wrote;

Thanks for the additional corrections I have tried to incorporate them in my
own system, where i have nearly 800 parents and there sports. This system
does not use wheels or criss-crass arrows. Instead I add in short the color
for each plant behind the name(eg Frances Williams ye) That way they can
also be presented on the computer. I find it a pity that so much effort goes
in making these wheels whereas they are for me difficult if not impossible
to use dispite the  fact that for the third time the wheel has" improved" I
still find it impossible from your handout or your published wheels the
color of the cultivar. In nearly each case I have to add a question mark. I
would appreciate if you could one way or another provide the colors of the
new additions, without referring to the wheels
Ben Z.M. Zonneveld"               (typographical errors are not mine...JH)

The above correspondence proves that both published and unpublished
intellectual property of mine was used by you, Ben Zonneveld,  without
permission and published in your  Booklet without attribution as  to
source. This is only one of the  many, many examples of plagiarism which I
could describe. Do you wish to discuss some of the mistakes that I made
which you copied verbatim without question? Some are very amusing.  I am
willing and very able to continue this discussion as long as you wish. We
can call it an open discussion and you will be able to tell you side of this
conflict. I can forward to  hosta-open the entire 23 page document entitled
The Plagiarism Story, which we shall call Exhibit No.1. You can provide your
evidence. We can analyze item by item each and every example of plagiarism
which I have indicated. Then you may present your rebuttal to dispute me. We
can let observers decide where the truth lies. Please advise  me of your
Jim Hawes

zonneveld wrote,
Thanks for your support.