Re: Aeolian (Wind) Harp Reproductions

Ray wrote:

I am going to try not getting to "deep" on this. Aeolian is the 1st of 7 modes in music. A mode is kind of like a musical flavor. Aeolian is a "major" mode, so it has a happier flavor. The makers of theses chimes and harps are using all or select notes of a key (such as the key of C) in an Aeolian mode to bring out the said flavor.

Understand? Probably not, huh. Most music is written in the Major or Aeolian mode. It a fancy word for the most commonly occuring use of musical keys. Many, if not most musicians don't even know they are using it!!

Ray

Thanks for your comments, Ray and others too.  I appreciate them.   I've found that a lot of the music I like most is in a minor key.  Often when my hubby is playing a song on the piano and I tell him I really like it, he says he figured I would, since it's in a minor key.  Is there another word related to Aeolian but that is for minor "modes"?    It would be nice to find some kind of chimes that are tuned to it.  Oh, I just see Narda found chimes tuned to minor key!

Cindy Johnson

White Bear Lake, MN

zone 4a