Open note to Dr Olsen

Dear DR. Olsen:
  In my ignorance as a new member on the Hosts Open as well the public world
of Hosta lovers, I mistakenly thought that you were a member of the faculty
at Leiden University in the Netherlands. DR. Zonneveld has refereed to your
name so often I never considered thinking any different or checking with
anyone. Today I actually wrote to Leiden University trying to locate you as I
did not see your name on their faculty list. To my suprise I received quite a
few e-mails and postings on the Open informing me that you of course reside
in the Minneapolis area (I sure hope this is accurate). I am just a bit
embarrassed at my mistake. I hope you can excuse a genuine "newbie." I had
never heard your name before and thought (as others like myself may have)
that you worked closely with him in his research.
  Dr. Zonneveld, on many occasions has refereed to you as a close colleague
that supports him and endorses his theories in regard to mutations in our
beloved Hosta. We have been involved in a detailed discussion for the past
month or more where his various publications and "Rule of Thumb" theory have
come into serious question (you may have heard). With quite a few esteemed
members of the Hosta community participating he has been directly challenged
in Open Forum. Your name has just entered the arena of discussion. DR.
Zonneveld insists that you can/will offer absolute proof that that he has not
engaged in plagiarism (as you know a most serious situation in the academic
world) and in fact stolen "various works" from "various people" in this our
 DR. Olsen I obviously don't know you and know nothing about you as a member
of this community (I was informed today that you are a past president of the
AHS). Do you in fact endorse Dr. Zonneveld's theory "The Rule of Thumb,"
support him in his research in regard to Mutations in Hosta and have concrete
proof that he has not stolen the work of others.

                                                      Respectfully submitted
                                                        James D. Towle

PS Would a kind member of the Open please forward this note to DR. Olsen
(wherever he may be at the moment) Thankyou Jim