Re: ignorance and ignorance

zonneveld wrote:
As usual again and again I am asked the same questions
How can you expect me to answer those letters that at the same
time are full of slander and insults Would You? R. Olson ( your
former president!!) has written on the subject of my booklet,
prooving my case, it is ignored. I have cited letters from
Marcotrigiano, they are ignored. I have cited from letters of K
Vaughn, they are ignored too. Why not phone K Vaughn and ask
for his opinion, instead of using outdated articles. Since when are
generally available sources someones intellectual property?
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands
Fax: 31-71-5274999

Ben, I will answer only the last sentence of your post. "Since when are
generally available sources someone's intellectual property?"

Up to this point, I have been of the opinion that your plagiaristic
misconduct may have been your lack of knowledge regarding what
plagiarism is. A second thought was that you believed that you provided
citation for your source of information when you mentioned the AHJ and
other publication series on your page 6 of your Booklet. This is not a
correct attribution nor an adequate citation. Your continued refusal to
admit facts and your attempt to lie your way out of misconduct betrays
your attitude of arragance, academic dishonesty and your mistaken
opinion that you are innocent of any misconduct.

You committed plagiarism when in a deliberate act of unacknowledged use
of another person's work, you failed to cite sources of information NOT
GENERALLY KNOWN, FROM A SPECIAL SOURCE, i.e.articles that I have written
that are my intellectual property. You cited no source in your article
on Cultivar Groups in AHJ Vol.28.1. You cited no specific source in your
Booklet for  information taken and used without permission. Simply
mentioning several books written about hostas is not an acceptable
citation for presenting a source of specific information. You could have
referred to the Library of Congress also but that is also an
unacceptable citation for the source of specific information.

     Admit it, Ben. You know very well ( or you should know) what is
   acceptable and what is not. An oversight or a misunderstanding may
   represent a certain kind of mistake that is forgiveable., but your
 continued argument on this dubious point of having  provided  adequate
                  citation is not influencing anyone.

                                 Jim H.