Moving on and on and on some more

     My first love is the montana group of cultivars. They will always be an
inspiration for the spirit that draws me to my gardens. I could go on
paragraph by paragraph as to how they move and intrigue me. Just this one
specie could capture my efforts and attention for considerable time. Yes, I
love all Hosta as well as most all growing things that talk to me each
spring, renew and bring mystery to my wintered spirit.
     King Chirifu, Queen Kinkaku and their court hold the intrigue of
lifetimes in their genes. Mate any of these regal beauties to lets say
Kokuryu, Akane or longipes and the intrigue explodes with "Regal Red"
potential and possibility. The "color wheel" would be working day and night
to measure and describe the offspring of such a union. The betrothal and
marriage of a Lakeside Black Satin to the many princesses inspired by the
montana lineage would be a race, regal indeed.
     They in turn would populate and persuade future generations to add a
Hosta or three to a backyard beginning of another dream. I wonder, yes I
wonder with the refreshing, renewing spring, what will be tomorrow's love.
     Moving on, is a beginning. Moving on and on is courage. moving on and
on and on some more is Life.

                 ......Jim Towle

     Bless you Jim and Joe and Bill for the new beginning of courage in
this, my new family.