Re: [hosta_seeds]Sorry - off topic...

  • To: hosta_seeds@yahoogroups.com, hosta <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
  • Subject: Re: [hosta_seeds]Sorry - off topic...
  • From: "H. WILLIAMS" <msbucky@home.com>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 10:14:04 -0500

Hi Sue,

I know exactly what you mean!  Your family sounds a bit like mine.  Over
the years, our family has included a pair of ducks, rabbits, assorted
hamsters, and at one point our cat family numbered eleven as we couldn't
say 'no' when a new stray turned up at the door, plus three other dogs
in years past.  Then I let many years pass without a dog before finding
Bliz.  Our last cat passed on 2 Christmas's ago at age 26.  It was
devastating.  My daughter literally grew up with him.

Actually, you were right about him claiming the grass. :-)  When my
daughter and I were ripping up the front lawn and he watched as
gradually it was taken over by flower beds, he stretched out on that
patch and more or less dared us to dig it up :-)

Bliz and I have never been separated for more than a few hours, he even
goes to work with me... I simply cannot imagine life without him.  So,
despite what all the stats say about boxers having short life spans, I
tell myself that if our precious cat Taupin lived to be 26, surely
Blizzard, who gets better care and attention than I give myself, will be
at the high end of the scale too.  I am utterly determined.  We have two
boxers, now, Blizzard and Laska, my daughter's friend.

P.S. to the Hosta-Open folks... I sent several garden photos along for
your enjoyment, but none of them made it through, due I guess to size
constraints... one of the pics included my dog.