Re: Hosta Sports (and VBG)?

halinar@open.org wrote:

> I don't know why it is, but it seems to me that bleeding heart
> liberals always want to be in control and dominate - "can't we all
> please just get along without all this bickering."

In the words of that famous and often admired conservative, "Well, there
you go again."

Here I was, staying out of this one because I had nothing intelligent to
add, even going so far as to tell Ben that he wasn't going to convince
anyone without providing arguments as well reasoned as his adversaries,
and you had to go and spoil it by saying something like that.  Saying that
all liberals want to control and dominate makes as much sence as me saying
all conservatives are morons, just because we all know that some of them
are.  I would be much more inclined to say that some liberals, not to
include Andrew, are starry-eyed dopes and some conservatives are heartless
morons.  Most conservatives are good normal people.  They are  simply
misguided.

Just because Andrew may be a liberal, and he likes to make everything more
complicated than it really is, it does not necessarily follow that
liberals want to control and dominate you.  As a matter fact, as a card
carrying liberal since the 60's, I resigned in protest long ago from
Carolyn's robin, and I enjoy watching your bickering.  If I knew anything
about the subject, I would be egging you on. On the other hand, my liberal
sensitivities would probably be offended if all of you take down your
assault weapons and start shooting one another, but that's only because I
think that if someone needs to demonstrate his manhood, he should fight
with knives or straight razors, not AK-47s.

Peace, brothers,
Chick

Keep Maryland in your prayers tonight.  Eight o'clock, EST, God help us.