Message regarding credit cards on the homepage

  • Subject: Message regarding credit cards on the homepage
  • From: Giboshiman@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 14:03:30 EST

CH Falstad, our AHS President, asked me to forward this message to the listservers.  If I have missed any listservers, please feel free to forward this message accordingly.

Hosta Friends,

I am very pleased to inform you that as of this writing (3/15/02) the AHS
Web site is just hours away from having a running system that enables
someone to apply for membership in our society, and pay for it with
internationally accepted credit cards, and perform all that right on the web site.  Members will have the option of paying for a single year, multiple years or life
member.

My many thanks go out to Bernie Diesen and his team of programmers for
getting this accomplished!

Because of length of time it has taken to complete this difficult operation
the Board has extended the deadline for payment to March 31 before the $5
fee is imposed.  This gives members until April 1st before their dues would become
delinquent.   I know all of our members will want to make sure they do not
miss a single one of the three exciting and educational Journals for this
2002 season!

It is my hope, that as our Web site continues to grow in popularity we will
attract even more members through this simplified payment option.  I also
hope to soon be able to offer the sale of non-current Journals, Registration
booklets and "The Hosta Adventure" with the same payment procedure.

Clarence H. (C.H.) Falstad, III
American Hosta Society President