Hostas are coming up

  • Subject: Hostas are coming up
  • From: "Dan & Lu" <hostanut@Bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:56:44 -0500

About 10% of our hostas have elongated pips and 5% are showing leaves unfurling. It's a wonderful feeling seeing the first hostas of the spring, especially after the harsh treatment they got from our move.  A few hostas are showing a little leaf damage from the below freezing temperatures we had a couple of weeks ago but the majority are looking fine. Lu noticed the small cultivars in pots are showing sooner than the larger ones.
Hopefully we won't get any more below freezing nights hosta gardeners in the Atlanta area have to contend with.
Dan & Lu