Re: Re:H.'June',H.'Uguis'

  • Subject: Re: Re:H.'June',H.'Uguis'
  • From: "Bill Meyer" <njhosta@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 13:33:23 -0500

Hi Glen,
         I think that applies to most colors, but there are a few that
really stand out on their own and get your attention as being a unique
color. The bright yellow color of  'June's center is one of these. The
creamy butter yellow of 'Great Expectations' is another. I don't have
'Uguis' and can't remember seeing one, but another blue one is 'Fulda'. When
I was in England I went to Sandra Bond's nursery which had a large variety
of plants and one blue stood out from all the rest. It was a German plant
named 'Fulda'. I asked her about it and she said it was one of the "German
Tardianas" which were given to friends in Germany by Eric Smith as unnamed
seedlings. The color was much brighter and more aqua of a blue than all the
other tardianas that she had and did not in any way look like one of them
for this reason alone. I don't think it is one, but don't have any more info
on it. Unfortunately neither is pictured in the HostaLibrary, so this season
we should try to get photos of them. I don't think too many people are
familiar with either one.

..........Bill Meyer

> Bill wrote:
> >H>very likely not look like 'June', because the color of the center on
'June'
> >is very unusual, as is the center color on 'Great Expectations'. One
other
> >'Halcyon' sport with a light center is 'Paradise Joyce' (Fransen), but
I.....