Madrone Tree

  • Subject: Madrone Tree
  • From: CCREDUX@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 20:56:41 EST

Botanical name:  Arbutus xalapensis  Common names:  Madrone, Madrona
Dear All,
My sister and her husband, Annette and David Melass of Texas, have recently bought a ranch in West Texas and it is reputed to be  rife with the above tree, the names of which I pasted above from a post from Annette.
They do not have a pic of it. Could someone and anyone please send me a pic as a jpeg attch?Is this hardy above zone 6?
Thanks much!

Clyde Crockett