Hosta List

  • Subject: Hosta List
  • From: gw1944@vermontel.net (Glen Williams)
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 07:43:20 -0500

Dear Rational Hosta Buyers:

I have ordered 7 plants for the new hosta year. Not many in respect to
years past. This is a good thing. For every plant I buy I want to get rid
of an old and established clump. This is a good thing too.In the hosta
world of my garden I have learned that there is a major difference between
hostas that are old acquaintances and hostas that are old friends.

 I am trying to do a little research on the following hostas (these are not
the ones I have ordered). I have seen the pictures of these hostas, and
read about them from a variety of sources.They  all are of some interest to
me at least  in some capcity....as idiocyncratic as that interest may be. I
might buy 2 or 3 of them this June. I have not seen them in anyone's
garden.

 IF any of you have any comments based on direct experience on what they
are like I would appreciate it if you would share your thoughts. I think
that they are all in the 10 to 20 dollar range and clearly not OS.To me
this denotes some risk as to what I end up with.

In any event any experiences you have had would be greatly appreciated.
They are reasonably "new" plants so there may be little if any experience
with anything like a mature clump....although no doubt Van Wade already has
clumps 3 feet across of all of them.:-)

H. 'Cameo'
H. 'Dancing in the Rain'
H. 'Dream Queen'
H. 'Eskimo Pie'
H. 'Grand Marquee'
H. 'Heart & Soul'
H. 'Hidden Cove'
H. 'Miss Saigon'
H. 'Mississippi Delta'
H. 'Orange Marmalade'
H. 'St. Paul'
H. 'Ultramarine'

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful
servant.  We have created a society that honors the servant and has
forgotten the gift.
                        Albert Einstein

Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.