From: owner-hosta-open@hort.net [mailto:owner-hosta-open@hort.net]On
Behalf Of gw1944@vermontel.net
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 2:27 PM
To: hosta-open@hort.net; PHOENIX_HOSTA_ROBIN@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM
Subject: Forcing Hostas

Hi Guys:

My niece and nephew are going to fill in at a flower show for a friend with
hostas. (Last minute of course). The show will be the first of May.

I don't have a clue what to recommend for plants (not H. 'On Stage'
though). What moves out of the ground fast when forced. The plants are
already in pots in the ground outside. Any special instructions for having
them ready for May first?  Fertilizers, light, warmth, music:-), cattle
prods, readings from Thompson Morgan....

Any and all suggestions would be appreiciated.   thx glen

"A book is a mirror. If an ass peers into it, you can't expect an apostle
to look out." Lichtenberg

Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont