Out House Delight & Mary Marie Ann

Good evening America!

I have two questions:

Do the seedlings of Asian Pearl, Outhouse Delight and other similar show the white characteristics of their parents
immediately, or does one have to wait a year or two for the early season white colouring to develop?

Following on Warren Pollock's  comments in the AHS Journal that Mary Marie Ann would make an interesting pod parent,
I attempted to set seed on it last year without success.  The weather was lousy anyway, so might have been to blame.
Can anyone confirm if it is fertile?

I have 56F here today, and everything is about two weeks early.  The montanas are on the move, and I fear for a repeat
of last year when hot/cold/hot/cold weather nearly finished them off.  But the daffodils are a sight to behold,and it is
the first day of Spring, so it is not all doom and gloom.

Ian Chrystal