Re: Topic=Photographing Hostas

>Hi All!
>
>I enjoy taking pix of hostas and garden scenes. I'd like to get your methods
>on the best way to get really good pix.
>
>Here are my questions:
>What kind of camera do you use?

Nikon8008s
>Do you put it on Auto  or do you use manual settings?

Auto, most of the time
>What is your favorite speed of film, generally?

100
>What is your favorite brand of film?

Fuji
>Do you ever use Professional film---if so, what kind?
Fuji
>Where do you focus in taking a pic of a clump? At front of clump, 1/3 back,
>1/2 back at back of clump?
 At front of clump
>Do you take mulitiple shots at different angles?
sometimes
>Do you use a flash? If so, when?
Yes, in shade and in bright sun
>Do you prefer transparencies or print?
Print
>Do you ever use 1000 ASA?If so, under what conditions?
Not yet
>Do you use various lenses?
yes-35-105 and 75-300 as well as macros Do you ever use a wide angle lens?
Not for hostas, but should try
>Is there one lens you prefer over others?
35-105 set on macro
>Have you ever put cardboard or such behind a clump in order to get good
>contrast?
No. but think it's a good idea
>What do you do with a subject that is in half sun and half shade?
use flash
>Have you ever taken negatives back to developer to redo pix because they are
>too blue,too green, too light, too dark, etc.?
Yes Any luck if you have done?
yes, better results
>Do you find that digital cameras are better than the others?
Not yet, but would love to try one

>What are your secrets in getting good results?
Setting lens and then moving camera back and forth, not lens

Loved your recent photos, Clyde!

>Clyde "Man Ray" Crockett

Patty
<saluki13@mediaone.net>