Re: Hellebores - and hellebore mailing list!

As one of the authors of Gardener's Guide to Growing Hellebores I'm delighted that it's continuing to spark new addictions! As to US sources of good varieties, it so happens that this is a subject which I'm researching at the moment for the incorporation into my upcoming hellebore website. So I'm interested in reports of any good suppliers. I have not actually seen plants of Royal Heritage, which is listed by Wayside amongst others, but judging by the limited range of colours in the picture it does not seem to represent a big step forward - except in the fact that the plants are actually available. The plants from Plant Delights and from Heronswood seem more promising.

As soon as I hear where doubles are available in the US I will certainly let everyone know.

Graham Rice
Northamptonshire, UK
Zone 8

>I recently purchsed the Garden's Guide to Growing Hellebores and
>I think I'm developing a new addiction. Does anyone know of
>any US nurseries with a good selection of hellebores? Or a UK nursery that
>ships to the US since the best ones are there anyway?
>I know Plant Delights lists some, and I've ordered from there, but I'd
>really love to find some of the double forms.
Visit the Discovering Annuals website at