Re: Topic=Photographing Hostas

>What kind of camera do you use?
Canon  T70, but it's getting old and I'm starting to consider a replacement
Also Kodak DC 210 digital

>Do you put it on Auto  or do you use manual settings?
Normally Auto but do sometimes set it manually

>What is your favorite speed of film, generally?
I like 400 best, but usually use 200 since I'm never sure of what conditions
I'll be shooting in

>What is your favorite brand of film?
Kodak (When you live an hour from Rochester I think it's mandatory)

>Do you ever use Professional film---if so, what kind?
No
>Where do you focus in taking a pic of a clump? At front of clump, 1/3 back,
>1/2 back at back of clump?
Depends, mostly I guess the center.

>Do you take mulitiple shots at different angles?
Sometimes

>Do you use a flash? If so, when?
Not usually outdoors unless I get a low lite warning.

>Do you prefer transparencies or print?
Tough call there.  I can't scan slides but I like to have some for
presentations.  Generally though I get more prints than slides.

>Do you ever use 1000 ASA?If so, under what conditions?
No
>Do you use various lenses? Do you ever use a wide angle lens?
No, my second lens is  telephoto so isn't useful for hostas.

>Have you ever put cardboard or such behind a clump in order to get good
>contrast?
I haven't but it's a good idea.  I've found when trying to use some of my
daylily shots to create web page backgrounds that the background of the
picture is too dark.  I was planning on trying something like that
to lighten them up.

>What do you do with a subject that is in half sun and half shade?
Cross my fingers and hope for the best.

>Do you find that digital cameras are better than the others?

I've only been using my digital a few months but love it.  I'm still
learning how to set it to get the best pictures.

 Now to add my own question. Has anyone ever tried the film form
Seattle Filmworks that would do both slides and prints from the same film?
I'm not sure if they even sell it any more.
Joanne
jopyz@earthlink.net