Re: Topic=Photographing Hostas

As an addendum to my earlier EMail, the question was asked whether anyone uses
professional film..  The answer to that question is you should NOT use
professional film unless you know why you are using it.. Professional film
generally has a retouchable layer on the film.  This allows the film lab to
retouch the negative rather than retouching all of the prints that are printed
from that negative.  There is no need to retouch hostas since they NEVER have
pimples, blackheads and zits...Those things are reserved for people - and
people have vanity which hostas do not have.. So people have their zits re-
touched to make them gio away..  If someone wants 100 8X10 glossy prints
retouched, where do you think it would be best to do the retouching - on the
pictures or on the film ??

Professional film also does not have the shelf life that amatuer film has and
it needs to be refrigerated at all times..  It is also more costly and some
professional films are color balanced for reproducing skin tones most
accurately..  IE Kodak VPS.  I always use Kodak T Grain film - you never know
what they are calling it this month and I use ASA 100 for the finest grain
and, since I do most of my shooting from tripods I don't need the speed.

Hope this helps.