Re: Topic=Photographing Hostas

In a message dated 3/7/1999 3:17:29 PM Central Standard Time,
mike.groothuis@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< I bracket my exposures to achieve the best quality. Bracketing is to
 > overexpose and underexpose to same shot at the same angle to achieve the
 > picture.
Thank you and all for your interesting respnses.

Mike, could you tell us more about "bracketing?" Suppose, for example that is
a bright, sunny day, and you are using 100 ASA Kodak film. What is the

Thanks again to all contributors---I have learned a lot---particulary about
using a tripod or unipod.

I guess I should try to answer my own questions. I use an old 7000 Minolta and
always use the telephoto lens. I focus on the BACK of the plant.I usually use
200 film---Kodak. I have them developed at a specialty shop, where I know the

I am now using a digital also, particularly for the CD's that I am burning. It
is an Olympus which I had upgraded so it can now handle 127 HQ pix. The
"beauty" of this is that you can change the lightness/darkness and contrast
via your puter program. You must have a good printer however to get what you

I have not mastered manual settings, but occasionally do such settings.

Is there a program on photography at the College? I think it would be a good
program at the national or regional events.
There is one person we did not hear from who takes beautiful pix--Carol
Brashear---Carol, where are you???
Thanks to all and keep the info coming!

Clyde Crockett z5 Indy IN