Re: New Topic---Favorite Companions (Perennials)

In a message dated 3/7/1999 9:37:30 PM Central Standard Time,
GMagcalas@aol.com writes:

<< Only three you say??  you must be joking Clyde!!  There are so many great
 perennials for the shade garden!! Arisaemas!!!!!  Tricyrtis!!!!!  AAHHHH!! I
 could go on!! >>
I agree.
But I was trying to get something going that would appeal to the readers of
this listserve and also something that the editor of The Hosta Journal would
pay attention to. The latter is perhaps a hopeless task. :-)
I should probably write this on ahspol but I think everyone should be aware
that the content of The Hosta Journal is ostensibly dictated by a HUGE
committtee. When I was editor I decided what went in and what did not. When
you get a bunch of people trying to run things, the result can be, and usually
is, a disaster. Gee, I remember my freshman year. Warren Pollock called me and
chewed me out regularly. So did Bill Zumbar. They finally got the
message---SHUT UP! If you all want this job---take it! In six years in a
thankless job, I received two thank you letters.

I think Kevin should get rid of most of his staff---or give up the job to the
woman/ man who really wants to do it ---for non-political reasons.

Clyde Crockett z5 Indy Indiana