Companion Plants (Annuals) with a question

dash@rochester.rr.com writes:

 >What are the three annuals that you use most extensively in your hosta
 garden as companion plants? >>

impatiens of various kinds
and last year I tried a plant I will for sure look for again...Copper plant??

The 1st time I ever saw this plant was when I was unloading them at the
nursery I worked at last year.  The tag didn't say anything about the plant
other than the common name and that it can grow in shade of sun.  Mine grew
about 18"-24" high, had wonderful marbled-looking coppery colored leaves that
were thick and waxy.  It did not flower for me, but I didn't miss the flowers.
I only bought one of them just to see what it would do.  I planted it amongst
some hostas with a few short red impatiens scattered around  where it got
about 1 hour of direct morning light.  The dark red of the impatiens seemed to
work well with the various shades of copper (I'm trying to think of other
colors to describe the coppery colors...somewhere between oranges and browns
and greens, very unusual)  It drew my eye there everytime I walked past, so I
think it would be a good shade plant to lead a person's eye to special areas
in the garden.

Does anybody know what the scientific name is and have experience using it in
their gardens?  I hope I can find it again.

Cindy Johnson
White Bear Lake, MN
zone 4a