Re: New Topic----Companion Plants (Annuals)

"Riz" Reyes (GMagcalas@aol.com) wrote:
> I love using Cerinthe purpurescens 'Kiwi Blue' with my hostas in partial shade
> or almost full sun. This annual is remarkable!

Thank you for the suggestion, Riz, and thank you, Clyde, for another
good topic.

We use lots of impatiens and also tulips (as annuals).  But deer go
right for the new tulip blooms.

We have many more perennials: astilbe, daffodils, Ligularia stenocephala
'The Rocket,' Miscanthus sinensis 'Malepartus,' dicentra, Ostrich and
Japanese Painted Ferns, Lysimachia punctata and Lysimachia clethroides
(pretty aggressive!), Sedum spectabile 'Autumn Joy,' and last summer's
wonderful new find: Canna 'Bengal Tiger' (see Tony's catalog).  We
wouldn't be without any of the above.

Irwin Johnson