Re: Ran's catalog

All,I'm not sure how many of you are just starting out collecting hostas so I
would just like to offer a little advice. Back in 1993 I went a little crazy,
no let me be honest, I went totally insane trying to buy the latest and the
greatest new hostas available.At the time, 'Spilt Milk" and "Sparkling
Burgundy" were both $150.00 apiece, and I had to have them both, right now!
Today I was looking thru a few catalogs, and I noticedthat SMis going for $35
& SB is $15.Now I understand Hostamania is overwhelming at times,actually all
the time,butsometimes it's best to take a look at some  of the older
"classics" that you can purchase a lot cheaper, and they will look just as
beautiful in your garden. I'm not trying to bum anyone out here , just trying
to offer some helpful advice.  Jim Pabst