Re: hosta photo library

At 02:10 PM 3/12/99 -0600, http://www.hostasonline.com/library/index.html wrote:

These photos are still the property of the photographer and are not to
>take and use on some other site. >Thanks >Bye >Bob

>       Bob Axmear 208 2nd St Ne  Waukon,Ia 52172-1308 319 568-4859
>                http://www.hostasonline.com/  Hostasonline.com
>               http://www.hostasonline.com/webwork.html WEBWORK

Bob....Regarding your statement above...seems to me, you are asking everyone to send digitals to be used on your site; and then, these are not to be shared to anyone else.
         Somehow this does not sound right to me; in light of, my personal opinion, regarding copywrite/ownership by photographer, pertaining digital images is this:
         If and when, someone sends one of their pix out via Internet, they have in fact published same.  When & if, their name is not printed on the image, it becomes the property of everyone & anyone, to use & circulate as they please.  Of course, if the image is already on a website, then it becomes a different story.
         As I said above...it doesn't sound right to me...you saying "Send me all your digitals, and don't be afraid, because nobody else gonna get any of them" <<==JUST ME! (Bob)  I'd like to know what favour you are doing anyone, other than yourself?

have a nice day
the'SHADOW'gardener
funkia'LOVE'dove
aka/email: "William Nash" <raffi@sympatico.ca>
LETTERMAIL: 157 Harvard Road, Guelph, Ontario, CA N1G4L3 Tel:(519-767-1221)
Ontario Hosta Society (OHS) website URL: http://www.geocities.com/PicketFence/Garden/1555/
OHS related EMAIL:  "John Kee" <junk@aztec-net.com>
Personal website URL =
http://www3.sympatico.ca/raffi/