A Request from Cornell University's Hosta Gardens

Dear HostaHOLICS,

As a result of taking our Upstate New York Hosta Society on a fantastic
special guided tour of the Hosta Gardens at Cornell Plantations this past
fall, I volunteered to send an appeal out to those members who are able, for
donations of some Exotic Varieties to add to their collection.

Therefore, the following is a request directly from Mary Hirshfeld, their
plant curator.  I realize that these are varieties most of us simply have on
our wish list for "Maybe Someday," but if anyone can spare even one division,
I'm sure they will be most appreciative.  She wrote the following to me:

"Cornell Plantations currently has over 150 cultivars of Hosta displayed
throughout the Herbaceous plant collections, including the Groundcover
collection, Rhododendron collection, and the "Dean's Garden," a campus garden
built to honor the Deans of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.  I
encourage all of you Hosta enthusiasts to make a trip to Ithaca, NY to wander
through these gardens and enjoy the diversity of our Hostas.  Your comments
and suggestions on cultivars that should be added are always welcome, as are
your tips for growing difficult cultivars/varieties.

If you have any of these Hostas in your collection and would be willing to
part with a division that I could add to the collection at Cornell
Plantations, please let me know:
Azure Snow,          Bridegroom,          Don Stevens,          Tattoo,
Strip Tease,       Flame Stitch,
Formal Attire,         Heart's Content,    and Fried Green Bananas

If you can help out with donations or would like information on visiting the
Plantations, please e-mail Mary directly through:  mfh6@cornell.edu

Thanks for your time and consideration,
Dave Jennings
Cofounder and First President