Genetics question

In his handout at Hosta College Jim Wilkins mentioned that yellow/gold color
is dominant over blue or green.  And in his Journal article Ben said blue
was dominant over green.  If these are true why are most hostas green?  I
can understand that perhaps in the wild the greens were more vigorous and
over grew the others, but then it wouldn't take very long for the dominant
genes to be lost and there would be no other colors.  I realize there may,
possible may be very likely, be more than one set of genes affected color
inheritance. Any opinions from the more knowledgable?  My own genetics
classes
were an awful long time ago.
See what happens when you send some of us off to school? A little knowlege
can be dangerous.
Joanne
jopyz@earthlink.net