Re: Tattoo

In a message dated 3/15/1999 8:55:36 AM Central Standard Time,
seabeth@heart.net writes:

<< It became spotted late in the
 year.  I suppose I sort of ignored it at first until I heard mentioned by
 (if memory serves me right) Clyde that his was infected with Anthracnose.  I
 know it was someone on the robin, maybe the OLG group.  Anyway I compared
 mine to descriptions and sure enough it was infected.  >>

Hi Beth & All :

Anthranose is indeed a problem with some gold hostas.The good news is is that
it is not fatal and can be controlled with a fungicide or something similar.
There is an excellent treatment of the problem in Solberg's article , "Does
Your Hosta Have Measles?"
I don't have the cite, but published in the Hosta Journal in this decade.

Clyde Crockett z5