Re: Seedlings & heat

Good morning, Michael:

Ken is right on about the heat.  However, by bring the lights 2-3" from the
leaf surface which the temperature.  You could stat to cook your seedlings.

While Ken uses light intervals of 16hrs "ON" and 8hrs "OFF".  There have been
articles about using 24hrs a day lighting with cool white bulbs.  I have been
using this method for about three years, and my results are nothing like

Once I have planted and water the seeds, the seed trays go into a bag that is
sealed.  They never dry out due to the sealed conditions.  I have more seeds
to plant, and I will try the 16 on/8off.  I'll also keep the seed trays
covered but not completely sealed; so that, I can water them and fertilize.

Hope this helps.

Rich Horowitz
Stoughton MA