Tour gardens

I would think that giving an award for the best garden would be most
difficult, as you would be comparing apples and oranges.  The thing I liked
about the tour gardens were that there were all kinds of homes, from a smaller
ranch home, to a very large expansive home with a lake, etc., growers, and
last year even the college arboretum.  and and others in-between.  They showed
how hostas could be used in all circumstances.  However, I feel that to judge
them against each other would be most unfair.  It is even difficult to vote on
the various hostas they ask us to vote for on the ballot, such as the best
large leaved, best varigated in a clump,  best gold leaved cultivar, etc.  In
fact, sometimes I was so busy hunting for the ones we were supposed to judge,
that it detracted from enjoying the overall beauty of the gardens.  I vote no.
Love the tours and appreciate so much people opening their gardens to us, that
I agree a big THANK YOU is what we should give them all!

Freddy Schaefer