Re: Best Garden on Tour

My thoughtss on the subject..making it into a competition may cause a lot of
those  that open their gardens to the society for tours to not  do so.  Many
people do not enjoy competition - they work hard on their gardens and
graciously  open them for tours  - and now they are going to be judged?
Someone has to be last (orto put it another way, worst), just as someone is
best.  And the thought of opening the next AHS Journal and find your garden
finished dead last - well I think that prospect may put a lot of gardeners
off..  And besides, who ever has  their garden completely done to the point
where they might say; "OK now my  garden is ready for the competition"..  Me
thinks they might say instead; "If my garden is going to be judged, I won't
show it for another year  - or two".

Then again....What the heck do I know ???

Hosta la Viesta - Ronnie