Re: Version 2 Hosta Wheels

The Wheel Committee is working on a web page to display and receive
feedback on the hosta wheel diagrams. At present there are 170 wheel
diagrams. Each wheel diagram is named for a hosta cultivar, the sports
from this cultivar are located at the appropriate place on the wheel
depending on their color. The 24 color wheel is a tool designed to be
used to place these sports at their proper location on each of the wheel
diagrams.

The 24 color wheel is in the process of being revised and the new
edition will be available soon. Bill Meyer is the designer of the 24
color wheel and is working on the new edition.

The new edition of the laminated color wheel will be available sometime
before the 1999 AHS convention and will be available at the convention.
The laminated color wheel will be sold at our as yet undetermined
printing cost.

Many new and interesting hostas  make their public debut at the
convention cut leaf show.  We plan on collecting color and other data so
these new hostas can be accurately placed on the hosta wheel diagrams.

As we firm things up we will keep everyone posted via hosta-open. If
anyone needs another electronic copy, send me an e-mail.

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE
zone 7
SussexTreeInc+AEA-ce.net
+AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9-

+AD4-I'm with Lori+ACE-  I want to know a lot more re application of the COLOR
WHEELS
+AD4-and also question the accuracy of the printout I am getting from my
printer.
+AD4-My guess is that I am leaning a bit toward the yellows,  and I'll be
delighted
+AD4-to purchase a very accurate
+AD4-COLOR WHEEL - thanks for doing this, it will be a great help.
+AD4-
+AD4-Betty Barrows
+AD4-Kinderhook, NY  Zone 5