Re: Making hosta tetraploids with Surflan (or colchicine, or any other cytosk...

Good evening, Rick:

What are using to solubulize the oryzalin?  I am using DMSO.  I'll be using a
single concentration of 1:100.  Additionally, I'll be trying the 1:100
orzyalin and a 0.25% colchicine in DI water.  I'm following Kevin Vaughn's
daylilly seed diploid conversion on sprouts hosta seeds.  I'll being starting
this weekend using about 10 sprouted seeds in glass petri dishes lined with
fiber glass.  After treatment, I'll be planting the sprouts in seed trays
using a soiless mix of 33:33:33-Promix:vermiculite:perlite under 24 hrs
lights.

Hostally,

Rich Horowitz