This week

No snakes this week just a lot of blue skies and a gentle breeze.  Still
struggling to get the garden in shape before we leave to travel north to visit
with various hosta societies.

Most of our early flowering plants are through for this year but two companion
plants that have produced a fantastic show this week are pulmonaria Lewis
Palmer and epimedium rose queen.  The bluebells are also performing well.  Our
ferns are unfurling those lovely fresh green fronds.  I have transplanted my
first young tatting ferns that were grown from the spores collected last fall.

Today I watered parts of the garden for one hour.  Each spring I get so
carried away with the wonderful weather and the fact that I have too much to
do.  Before I realize what has happened the garden is too dry.  This year I
have made a resolution to treat my hostas better.  Monday I plan to water
everything that has been planted.

The redbud trees are in full color and the dogwood buds are swelling.  Of
course this is normal.  It does not matter when the calendar says Easter time
is here those two trees have a habit of parading in their best dresses.

I have a young seedling that has one and only perfect variegated leaf.  I plan
to try Zumbar's method of cutting hoping that I will get a plant to match that
leaf.  Has anyone done this on a young plant.  I know it works on the old
ones.  Can it work on these little ones?