Re: Best hosta's to put with impatiens

In a message dated 3/28/1999 11:38:15 AM Central Standard Time,
itjohnsn@execpc.com writes:

<<
 >Now when I buy that one gallon container, where
 > do I go to get it filled with 6 - 8 Golden Tiara's..  You must know a good
 > place to buy them...
 >
 > Ronnie

 My nursery pots up field divisions in August; by the next May there are
 many plants, ofter 6-8.

 You will not be able to divide these up until mid summer. If a single eye is
planted in summer of Golden Tiara, in the spring as eyes elongate and spread
out to for the 6-8 shoots they do not have any roots yet except on the main
division.  But in a few months each shoot will grow it's own roots and then
you can divide them. Say late July-August.

Paul