Overwintered hostas in pots

Dear Hosta-philes,

I read some recent postings about hostas overwintered in pots. I had all
of mine in pots, on angles, covered with loose leaves. After moving, I
spent the winter wondering if I should've done them differently.  I
checked some today, and the ones I checked made it just fine.
  So, I brought one in to get it going a little early. 'Blue Mammoth'
was my choice, since it's been such a slow grower for me. Maybe the
extra time will be kind to it. It looked like a mouse had made a hole in
the soil, and I was worried about nibbled roots - but it's ready to go.
Must be some well-fed mice out there.

Diane Frederick
Cleveland, zone 5