Re: Re miniature annuals

Betbarr@aol.com wrote:

> Dear brethren and sistren -
>
> Quote "those small petunias that bloom like crazy and never need deadheading"
> endquote - I know there was some discussion of these late last fall - "
> "Purple Wave" was mentioned, and I believe there are other colors - I saw them
> at WFF but it was too late in the season to purchase annuals.  If  any of you
> can help me out, I would appreciate a little more info.

Hi Betty,

I'm not sure I would call any of the Wave petunias small, but they do
bloom like crazy.  They are great as ground covers or in baskets.  The
purple ones can get to 4 feet across, but stay about 6" tall, or less.
They also have pink, rose, Misty Lilac, and this year, Coral.  The Misty
Lilac gets a little taller, maybe 10", and none of them get quite as big
as the purple...maybe 3 feet across.  The lilac ones go really great
with the pale yellow Prism Sunshine petunia.  Good luck!

Josh, looking at over 600 Wave petunias waiting for spring!
Iowa
zone 4

--
Josh's Garden Web -- Down, but coming back soon!

JS Web Page Design
http://www.angelfire.com/ia/jspece

"There are always two choices.
Two paths to take.  One is easy.