RE: Making hosta tetraploids with Surflan (or colchicine, or any other cytosk...

I spoke with KV.  He makes a 10 uM solution for his hem work.  That's
1:140,000.  "No more will solubilize --- why waste material?" is I think how
Kevin phrased it.

The carrier in the Surflan AS formulation will keep the oryzalin in
solution.  You probably don't need the DMSO.  On the other hand, it won't
hurt either.

I use a few drops of DMSO per 10 mL of 1% colchicine.

I chose not to do seeds for hosta.  Too much variation.  Once you cross the
diploid / tetraploid barrier, breeding becomes much much slower.  Two sets
of alleles segregate more or less in a reasonable time frame, and with
reasonable population sizes.  Four sets make the numbers required too large
to handle effectively.

I will post all details later.
Rick