Re: squirrels

Another good control is either a Rottweiler or Standard Schnauzer.  Both
excellent dogs for protecting you from the onslaught of squirrels.  Ours
did a wonderful job of controlling the varmints.  Since they went to that
great fire hydrant in the sky, I have resorted to recruiting them for a
swim team - specializing in the under water back stroke.  Although many
have responded to the recruiting effort, none have yet made the team.
Having a back yard neighbor even more diligent in the recruitment effort
has helped tremendously.  We are trying to have two teams: 1) squirrels
vs 2) chip monks.  No one loves and enjoys these animals as much as I,
but not in the city.  Unfortunately, there are no natural predators in
the area other than your cats or dogs.  Same goes for deer, but they are
protected by law.  Trapping AND transporting wild animals (especially
raccoons) is illegal in Ohio (control of rabies).