Re: RoundUp Replacement - From Mom

In a message dated 05/04/2000 7:38:11 PM Central Daylight Time,
Cidjohnson@aol.com writes:

<< Here is a recipe for a replacement for RoundUp.
  My mom says it killed her weeds in 1 or 2 days.
  1 gal white vinegar
  1 box salt (the round Morton salt size)
  8 drops dish soap
  What do you think? >>

I think it would definitely work, but the salt is toxic to the soil and would
remain there a long time.  You would risk hurting other things nearby as the
salt is in the soil itself and could migrate to other plants you had not
intented to kill. Round-up is taken up by green plant tissue only (in other
words, it only kills what you spray it directly on) and does not remain in
the soil.   Just my opinion.......