soaker hose repair

For all those using soaker hoses-

Today I noticed that my soaker hose was putting water where it wasn't
needed and not much where it was. I found a cure. Taking out my trusty
pocket knife, I stabbed the hose gently where water was needed. It
worked great. Suddenly I was putting holes in it near every clump. Since
there is no plan on ever moving it, the holes could be aimed directly at
the crown and a larger hole could hit a plant a couple of feet away.
Please note that it was done under pressure and "very little effort" did
it take to pierce the hose.

Ray z5 Mentor, Ohio