Re: Hirao Tetra :))

RDM ...The late Doctor Hirao of Japan, did a series of hostas trials to double chromosome count i.e. colchicine root-dipping in the dormant eye stage.  Personally, I don't believe any of these hostas are polyploids, since nobody has proven this to be so.

Here are some of his NAMED types on the market ...Hirao Majesty, Hirao Supreme and I don't know of any Hirao Tetra named plant?

I ain't no help at all ...so Will will depart

Bill Nash Guelph Ontario <raffi@sympatico.ca>