From: Sammy's huwumin <jcosler@mindspring.com>
To: <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2000 6:38 AM
Subject: Re: BAP & "increases"

> Please, what is BAP?  What is an increase?
> On Wed, 17 May 2000 19:32:50 -0400, you felt inclinced to enlighten us
> by saying:
> >I just BAPPED some of the newer hostas in the ground.  I have Blue Ice
but haven't treated it.  The exciting thing that has happened, is GREY
GHOST, Bob Solberg's 2000 "hosta for clubs", which I purchasted at the
Tri-State Hosta Society plant sale the end of March.
> >The 4-6 week period had passed, and no sign of any increase, but the 7th
week 2 increases showed and now there are 4 growing rapidly and one enlarged
bud at the base of the lowest leaf.  BANNANA MUFFINS and MAUI BUTTERCUPS
were also treated.  Nothing on BM but MB has one large increase.  Bob Savage