Re: H. Elegans / stunted look

>Mike, I have seen plants that look as you described.  It was the result of
>using Roundup too late in the spring.  It sometimes takes two years for the
>plant to recover.
>Mary

But I have seen it too, and I have never used Roundup in the garden!  And
have also seen it in plants that have no tree root competition, and
adequate water.  Could it be crown damage or a unique form of crown rot?

I had some seib. elegans that did this a couple of years ago, and now they
are recovered but are small, "one gallon" three year old plants.  I have
dubbed it "the uglies" although I think that is a term usually reserved for
another problem.

I have an 'Aristocrat' this year that looks suspiciously similar.  It's
stunted and has those weird leaves. Ugh!
Stacy

Stacy Holtzman
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Bloomington, Indiana Z5b