Re: Hey Tim OTP

Borax works for many insect pests (if you use the right attractant) and is
less harmful than many off-the-shelf pesticides, but like so many "organic"
or "environmentally safe" remedies, it is still dangerous for mammals.
Whatever bait you use, then, be sure it is in a place where children and
pets cannot access it.  A friend made a concoction of grape jelly, borax
and Cheerios and used it successfully in his greenhouse. He had small
children who had free access to the gh, and I think he was just lucky he
didn't have a tragedy.  My understanding, BTW, is that the borax crystals
shred the tissues of the digestive system, whether it be ant or Aunt.