Re: Blooming seedlings

In a message dated 05/27/2000 10:38:33 PM Central Daylight Time,
halinar@open.org writes:

<< Anyway, I've noticed that some of them are now starting to
 send up flower scapes on the second year plants - which is what I
 want.  My question, for those who grow their seedlings outdoors, do
 you normally have to wait until the third year to get scapes, or do
 you get some to bloom the second year. >>
Not sure about outdoors, but I have had three seedlings flower indoors,
planted early December 1999.
Ray Rodgers, Bartonville, IL, CIHS, Zone 5